Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) Directive 083: Hydraulic Fracturing - Subsurface Integrity
Effective August 21, 2013 Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) Directive 083: Hydraulic Fracturing - Subsurface Integrity
The Key Objectives of the Directive include:
- Prevent the loss of well integrity at a subject well.
- Reduce the likelihood of unintended interwellbore communication between a subject well and an offset well.
- Manage well control at an offset well in the event of interwellbore communication with a subject well.
- Prevent adverse effects to nonsaline aquifers
- Prevent impacts to water wells.
- Prevent surface impacts.
To view the entire press release, please click here
Directive 83 is available at www.aer.ca